Jeff and Susan Hannan will be hosting a new Bible Study, through their Sunday School class focused on helping parents and guardians address the growing concerns and fears of raising children and teenagers in a technology driven world. Parenting in a Digital Age shares practical wisdom for leading children and teens through the struggles and blessings that technology brings.
This 8 week study will focus on:
- How to Begin to Navigate the World of Technology – Every day we must make the choice to step in and connect with our children, so that we can set them up to be successful as technology changes for them.
- How to Connect before Correct – Rules alone are insufficient for dealing with technology in the home. We must build meaningful connections.
- The Necessity of Consistency – We must consistently implement practical strategies to help our kids engage with people and their surroundings.
- The Roles of Parenthood – It’s our job as parents to protect, even when it’s hard.
- The Power of Awareness – To parent well in a digital age, we must stay in the know. That awareness should lead to conversation.
- Motives Matter – A good plan for conversations about technology in the home leads children to examine their motives and intentions.
- Gaming, Phones and Social Media – Parenting in a digital world is not about controlling your kids, but about giving them tools to handle technology well.
- Parenting Superpowers – You are the captain of technology in your home. No matter how hard it is making and implementing those decisions, don’t give up.
Location: Room 306
Time: Sunday Mornings from 9:45am-10:45am